Monday, November 19, 2012

How to Make Games - Part 2 - Playtesting

I have uploaded the second installment in my three-part series on how to make games.  (You can find the first one, about getting and developing ideas, here.)

This one is about playtesting your game.  I love this part of the design process because it is the first glimpse at a fun idea coming into reality. (But sometimes the ideas do flop!)

I share my favorite tips in this video based on things I learned from other designers through interviews and in working with them at the annual Protospiel game designer convention.  Main points include:
  • Going from ideas to playable prototypes
  • How to prepare your playtesters
  • Tips on the playtest process
  • Key questions to ask playtesters
  • How to know when the game is done

No comments:

Post a Comment