Sunday, May 10, 2020

Game Designer Interview and Original Digital Games Activity

This is part of a series of posts about the Game Design Club I am running for middle schoolers while school is closed.

Participation in the club was waning, so I made a simple activity for this week that asked students to play some digital games created in Scratch and answer some questions about them. It was meant to help them practice my Tip #1 (play and learn about as many games as possible). It also gives them a good idea what type of things they could program using Scratch.


I also finished up the first part of a second game designer interview this week. I'm really excited to share this one here and in the club. 

It's with my friend Dominic Crapuchettes. As I say in the interview, he is definitely one of the most talented, dedicated and successful game designers I know. His experience and skill is invaluable and I was so grateful he took the time to help us this way. Please watch the video and share it with anyone interested in the hobby of creating games.

In Part 1 of the interview, Dominic talks about why he's still making games and he shares three "templates" that he has used to create new, original games.


I plan to share the second part of this interview next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment