While doing a virtual book study of What School Could Be, I needed to copy passages of text from the printed book. I accomplished this easily by using the Scan option in the Google Drive app.
It's all shown in the two-minute video below, but here are the main steps.
- Open the Google Drive app on an Android phone.
- Tap the + and pick Scan.
- Take a picture of the printed text.
- Retake it or crop it as necessary.
- Click the + to add more pages.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 until you've scanned everything you need.
- Tap the check mark. That will upload the scans to your Drive as a PDF.
- Then on a computer, locate that PDF in your Drive.
- Right click on it and select Open With Google Docs.
- Make minor edits to the text if necessary.
I've found it works very well. I made this informal video for the teachers in our book study. Itshows the screens as I go through the above steps.