I wrote about an interactive story experiment I started with some students a our middle school. They enjoyed our usual Google Slides comics assignment, so we decided to start an ongoing story based on input from the rest of the school.
We started the comic in September and worked on it regularly through October. Then classes changed and I got busy with other projects. It took a lot of effort to finish it, but I'm happy with the results.
You can read the complete story here. I added plenty of notes throughout, so you can get an idea of the work that went into it.
We ended up telling the story in a variety of ways, using photos, drawings and even prose.
Throughout the project I tried to faithfully incorporate ideas from the students who followed along and gave their feedback through Google Forms.
In the final weeks of school, I reunited with the girls who started it and we brought in the additional characters. We had one last photo session. It was a hectic end to the school year, but I managed to complete the final chapter and publish it on the very last day of school.
This would be an excellent addition to a Digital Media class. The skills involved went far beyond just familiarity with Google Slides.
As with any of the comic projects I've written about, you could publish the final product in a variety of ways.