First, here are the related lessons.
Below you'll find the tutorials for GIMP, a free image editing program. I hope these could be useful to anyone who might be "flipping" a tech course or possibly for an online course.
Update 10/4/2013: I posted the most popular tutorials on YouTube and have them in this Playlist now.
- Introduction to GIMP - Brief explanation of what the program is like, how to navigate the multiple windows and how to open files
- Saving files in GIMP - Some of this is specific to our network, but I talk about saving as jpeg.
- Paint Brush and Clone Tools - I explain how to use the Paint Brush as a line tool and how to erase parts of pictures using the Clone Tool.
- Drawing with the Selection Tools - GIMP doesn't have a tool to draw shapes, for example, but this shows how it can be used to accomplish the same thing.
- Using Layers in GIMP - This is probably the best feature of GIMP and the one students have the hardest time with.
- Using the Text Tool in GIMP - Text in GIMP is pretty easy, but students need to understand Layers first.
- Combining Images in GIMP - This shows how to take parts of one image and paste it into another for simple special effects.
- Neon Logo Tutorial - My version of a popular logo effect that I learned from a couple YouTube tutorials
And here's a quick talk about learning software in general. I address the difference between learning the software and learning how to learn new software.