Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Raising Questions

New for 2014: Follow the continuing Teaching Like an Artist series on TeachingLikeanArtist.com.

Art is life shining through and the artist is someone who gets good at letting it. When life shines through, it catches attention. 

People wonder at it. 

They wonder about it.

Artists raise questions. From where they stand, they see what others don’t. They express thoughts and emotions in surprising, new ways.

And if they don’t ask the questions themselves, they lead us to a place where we must do the asking.

What does that mean?
How did she do that?
Why didn’t I think of that?
You too?
He did what?
What's next?

To learn is to realize there is more to learn - that there is much to wonder about. Deep curiosity oozes interesting questions.

What questions did I raise for my students today? What questions did I inspire them to ask me, themselves and others?

No comments:

Post a Comment