Sunday, January 13, 2013

Doodlecast App for Video Lessons

I have been using Explain Everything for my video lessons on this site, but last week I discovered Doodlecast.  It was free for a limited time and now I see it's still on sale for only $0.99.  I haven't had a chance yet to do a full lesson with it, but I really like what I see so far.

As I mentioned in my review for Explain Everything, that's a great app but I really wanted something that allowed for editing the recording itself.  Doodlecast appears to offer that to at least some extent.  I've tested the feature in a limited way so far and I was able to stop the recording, trim some of the end off and then continue recording from that place.

It also has a pointer for use when presenting, though not with as many options as Explain Everything.

So right now I can't say for sure I'll prefer Doodlecast over Explain Everything, but for this low price I wanted to at least pass the information along.  If you get a chance to try it, I'd love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment