I came across a great idea from a blog post last week and it inspired me to get focused on some goals. The original plan started here, but I found it on Dr. Z's blog and will link to that one.
Here's the plan, copied from that website:
NOTE: You do NOT have to wait to be tagged to participate in this meme.
- Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/03/2012).
- Post the above directions and these guidelines along with your 1-3 goals on your blog or preferred social media platform (Facebook, Google+, Posterous, etc.).
- Link back/trackback to http://tinyurl.com/pdmeme
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme2012.
- Twitter about your progress using the #pdmeme2012 hashtag.
- Tag 5 or more educators to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
I'm going to deviate slightly and not tag anyone. Since one of my goals is to encourage other teachers to stretch, I will target some specific teachers. I just won't do that publicly.
- Create at least one game using Stencyl and make it available on my blog - I tried this last year for a graduate course, but wasn't successful.
- Continue to develop my blog as a source of innovative thoughts and resources for creativity and problem solving - Starting the blog was a successful part of my graduate course last summer. I hope I can bring it to the next level in the upcoming month.
- Inspire all teachers in my district to try something new related to technology integration, creativity or problem solving in the first three weeks of school